Terms & Conditions
By placing an order with carr designs, you confirm that you are in agreement with and bound by the Terms and Conditions below:
All business relating to and including:
New website design / updating an existing site whether built by carr designs or not/ training / fixing a website with issues or consultation
1. A non refundable deposit of 50% of the agreed invoice is payable before commencement of the work, payable via bank transfer. If carr designs cancel the work due to un-foreseen circumstances then the deposit will be refunded.
2. The final payment of 50% of the invoice will be issued to you on the site going ‘live’.
3. You will be given all login details to access the site once the site is live.
4. It is the responsibility of the client to check through the content on the website. carr designs will use best endeavours to check for any spelling errors or typos and will correct any that have been made aware of as soon as possible. We work with professional partners who offer a proofreading service.
5. carr designs will check your site one month from your site going live and will check to see that the site is running as it should and amend any tweaks. If bigger changes are required , for example new images or a new page, then an additional cost will be quoted for this work.
6. If you are unable to pay via bank transfer then the alternative is via Stripe payment. There is a 2.9% fee attached to this per transaction.
7. Late payments; an additional 10% charge will be added to the invoice if the payment exceeds 21 days without consultation or consent.
1. We will back up your site if your hosting company does not provide this service, update your theme, WordPress and plugins on a monthly basis. We will check that the functionality and look of the site is intact and highlight any anomalies to you the client.
2. You will receive a report with the break down of the areas updated, any E-commerce activity and a basic analysis of traffic to your site.
3. Carr designs will need regular access to your site. This will mean providing a user name and password and will need to be provided securely in advance of the start of the first maintenance.
4. If plugins are no longer fit for purpose we will use best endeavours to source a replacement ‘like for like’ plugin. If your theme or premium plugins have expired, we will inform you but the onus is on you to pay for the new subscription. Unfortunately we don’t have control over the functionality or availability of plugins and as such cannot accept any responsibility for any loss of service or malfunction should this occur.
5. Monthly maintenance means your site is being updated regularly and has consistent health checks ensuring a good and regular standard of service on your website. However, this does not guarantee that it is free from attack from malicious malware or hackers, and as such we cannot accept responsibility should this unfortunate event occur.
6. Payment is due in advance via bank transfer 7 days before the start of each month. Or if you are paying on a yearly basis then 7 days before the start of the new maintenance year.
7. Monthly maintenance does not include adding on SSL certificates. This is an additional cost and will be charged at the discounted hourly rate.
8. An amount of time has been assumed for the normal activities that a project of this nature requires. However, if required additional consultancy and follow-on work will be charged at the appropriate day or half day rate and will be advised and agreed at the time.
10. If payment is not paid for one month then the agreement will be cancelled and an administration cost will be applied to rejoin the service.
11. Due to potential conflicts, carr designs reserves the right to deny access to third parties wishing to update your site (this may be for content changes / adding pages / CSS coding). Additional charges will be applied if in the event of the site not functioning correctly during or after the work has been undertaken by these third parites.
12. We reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time.
13. We use, process, and store your information as necessary to perform our contract with you and for our legitimate business interests, in operating our Site and business including:
• Process your purchase
• Fulfilling your purchases to you
• Confirm your order
• Respond to your customer service requests
• As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
• To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes on our site, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the carr designs product and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about carr designs. We will only send you marketing information if you consent to us; for billing, account management and other administrative matters. We may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments to investigate and help prevent security issues, fraud and abuse.